05 May 2011

Life...

My friend's (she was my bridesmaid) only sister is dying from pancreatic cancer.

I don't know what to say or do for her.  I'm so terrible with this kind of thing.
I feel so ashamed for my selfish focus when a wonderful young wife and mother is battling for her life.

I am not a religious person.
At most I'd describe myself as a cynical-leaning idealist.  (horrible combination really)

Alas, if I believed in prayer - I'd be on my knees right now.

I'm simply not very hungry these days, physically or emotionally.

-A

4 comments:

  1. Oh honey.. Im so sorry :( Its not much to do when stuff like this happen. And sadly enough they happen to the best and the kindest ppl,

    *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether you believe or not a little prayer goes a long way. I'm a devout Atheist and I believe in the power of intention.

    I will light a candle and say a prayer for your friend's sister and keep you both in my thoughts, Africana. I know pancreatic cancer is usually fatal, but I will hope for the best and that she will experience as little discomfort as possible. Hang in there, Sweetie. We're all here for you. <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give her a hug. Provide a shoulder to cry on and just listen to her and look sympathetic. Thats the best thing to do.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that. :( My prayers go out to your friend.

    ReplyDelete